Cape Canvasses guarantees you of the best quality stretched canvases in Cape Town
The preparation process is very important for us. The back of the canvas is as important as the front.
We use a slightly thicker cross batten, that’s unique! Joint with four super strong corners to guarantee a super strong and stable frame.
We take pride in our canvases.
- The fabric we use is 420g of 100% cotton duck. A nice thick canvas and very durable. The special layers of Gesso we apply are used to stiffen the canvas and give the artist a smooth surface to work on. The paint is able to bind to the canvas fibres. We apply three layers, slightly sanded down.
- We use par pine which guarantees a straight and stiff frame. 22 x 44mm.
- The joint is made with slightly thinner battens. It is unique and very strong, designed waterproof and to penetrate & secure the joint permanently.
- The canvas is made of the best products to bring your painting’s vibrancy forward and creates a unique art piece.
- We can supply any shape on request. Up to 4m in width.
- Special prices requested for sizes over 2m.
- Primed box canvas.